суббота, 18 октября 2008 г.

earring honora




Iapos;m in Christchurch now Yahaha

The saxophone thingy was pretty cool. I realized how grossly unfamiliar I am with the etiquette of going to the symphony. Oh, thatapos;s right. It was an Auckland Philharmonic Orchestra thing, by the way. Not just a Philip Glass piece, but like- a Mozart piece, and other stuff. Philip Glass was the best, although dear God his pieces were never meant to be played on a wind instrument. The poor woman who was playing them looked like she was about to explode (For the record, Philip Glass plays things that have about like- 50 notes in 30 seconds without a pause. O_o)

The next day I went to the Waitomo Glowworm caves- itapos;s a loooooong drive, man. We stopped at a lot of small cafes which had great fresh baked breads and things. Mmm. The caves were really outstanding. They donapos;t let people take pictures inside which absolutely killed me because I donapos;t know how to describe it. Huuuge ceilings, and stalactites, and stalagmites, and the glow worms were so cool they looked like 20 thousand stars all clustered together. Too cool Then we went to this place called the apos;Big Apple Cafeapos; which actually had a big apple on the highway pointing the way to it. I donapos;t know how many people who read this ever watched the show apos;Whatapos;s with Andyapos;, but- well- I was singing the themesong in my head basically the whole time thanks to a particular episode of that show.

All too early the next morning (this morning) I had to get up and take a taxi to the airport to fly to Christchurch. 9am flights sound like theyapos;re at a reasonable hour, but theyapos;re not, considering all the getting ready time. Yech. But it wasnapos;t so bad. I was quite early so I beat a dungeon in Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. My goal is to have it beaten before I come home. Nothing like 13 hours on a plane to make you put up with a really tiresome repetitive dungeon. Ah well Anyway Beat a dungeon. Sat on a plane. Watched a David Attenborough film. And the man next to me talked to me even though he wasnapos;t an American. Very odd

Then I got to the airport here in Christchurch, and I was directed to catch a city bus to my hotel, so I did, and I got to the counter and the lady said apos;you must be buggeredapos; when she gathered how early I had woken up so she made check in nice and simple and I napped. Yaaaay, naps Oh God how I needed it. When I woke up I walked down to the part of this road where the shops and restaurants are. All the shops were closing, because apparently on Saturday things here close at like 4 oapos;clock or so. WHAT. Uhm- anyway. All the shops were closed but none of the restaurants were open yet, except for a McDonalds, so I grabbed a chicken snack wrap and wandered the neighborhood until 5. There was an Indian restaurant recommended by the hotel peoples so I went in there. Which was like- the best decision ever. I have honestly never had better Indian in my entire life.

Note, people. When you go to Christchurch, go to the Two Fat Indians restaurant. Soooooo good. All of their curries are made on a base of pureed vegetables, so itapos;s really really nutritious as well as unique- at least as far as what Iapos;ve had goes. I had a lentil cauliflower chickpea lamb curry and a mango lassi and they were both absolutely delicious. I even got a 10 dollar voucher for the next time I dine in there- which means I am almost certainly going to eat there again before I leave. It didnapos;t seem very busy, though, which kills me. I donapos;t know that this is the best location in the world, or something. It seems like a really nice shopping district, a lot like the Drive, but there just arenapos;t people around Maybe itapos;s just a weekend thing, though. Iapos;ll go back on Monday or Tuesday and see if itapos;s busier.

They let you borrow movies from the reception here, which is awesome. I watched Pretty Woman and Chocolat tonight. Tomorrow Iapos;ll probably watch more; Iapos;m gonna use the day to sleep and relax and see more of this part of the city before I do another tour.

Well, thatapos;s pretty much all there is to say for now. Mwah Have fun at home, yapos;all.

Itapos;s cold here
earring honora, earring homegoods maxx tj, earring home jewelry network shopping tanzanite, earring holmes sherlock silver through walk.



Комментариев нет: